Rather than attempt to list dozens of technical terms about the history of manuscript production and its study, we’ll refer you directly to this invaluable resource -

-the British Library Glossary of Illuminated Manuscripts.

For printing terms, Wikipedia has many scholarly articles on, for instance, "printing press", " typefaces", "incunabula" etc.


A note on Recto & Verso
Recto is the term used for the right hand page of an open book, while Verso is the back of the leaf.


Your IP Address is:
Copyright © 2022 Littera Scripta. Powered by Zen Cart